Our aims are...
- Spreading information about Finland’s political system, political parties and ways of political influence to immigrants from outside EU countries
- Strengthening the dialogue between immigrants, authorities and political parties
- Contributing to the improvement of immigrants’ and immigrant associations’ participation in Finnish society
- Supporting integration
We realise our aims by...
- Organizing information and training seminars
- Organizing visits
- Providing and producing information material
- Looking for key people
- Key people are working as volunteers for the project. They support and organize our activities by spreading their own knowlegde all over the country through their network. Currently, more than 70 key people with over 15 national backgrounds are active for the iCount project .
- We are constantly looking for new key people. As a key person, you will learn how to influence on society, gather valuable knowledge and experience, get to know new people, improve your work experience and help others adapt to life in Finland.
The iCount project is funded by the EU Integration Fund.
Check out our guide to influence!
In the course of the project, we have created the “Active citizen’s guide to influence”, which is available in Finnish, English, Russian, Chinese and Thai languages. The guide can be used as a tool to inform immigrants about ways of participation. It also contains a glossary with the important Finnish expressions and some websites for exerting influence. The guide can help in raising awareness in being an active citizen and it also serves as a basis for discussion. It can be used as a wallpaper or pocket map. You can order the guide from our office or download it HERE.